1. King says that he has come to the nations capital
to cash a check. Who wrote the check and what is its significance?
2. Why does King reject gradualism as an approach
to racial problems? What is his alternative?
3. Why does King say that he remains dissatisfied?
What dangers does he associate with his call for action?
4. What is King's dream?
1. Is King in agreement with the principles of the Declaration?
How does he understand any gap between principles and practice?
2. Would King consider his views closest to those
of Booker T. Washington, Frederick Douglass, or W.E.B. DuBois?
3. Does King believe that a color blind society is
either possible or desirable?